Steps to Find New Electricity Providers in Brisbane
There are many reasons why you may want to find new electricity providers in Brisbane. If your energy bills are costing you too much, or if you feel that you are not making the most of your energy plan, it may be time to switch to a new one.
First of all, it is essential to know existing policies in your region. Altering or upgrading your existing setup should be simple and with a few tips, you’ll get a better deal and eventually earn more savings.
How to switch to a new electricity provider
1. Understand the regulations in your region
In Queensland, there are important guidelines that you must be aware of before switching to a new electricity provider.
If you are an electricity customer from South East Queensland, you can choose your electricity provider – on the other hand, if you are a resident of regional Queensland, you should be familiar with existing regulations.
- Although it’s more difficult to choose your electricity provider in regional Queensland, you have the right to be supplied based on regulated tariffs, set by the Queensland Competition Authority annually.
- Even if you have already switched electricity providers, you can often still go back to your previous retailer’s notified price
2. Know your rights and options
New house or rental house
For those who are moving into a new house or a rental house, unless you’re under an embedded network, choosing a new electricity provider is allowed. Real estate agents may recommend an electricity provider, but you can still refuse and freely choose an electricity provider that you prefer.
A s long as there is an offer from a retailer available, those who live in multi-unit complexes are also allowed to choose an electricity retailer, instead of using their site owner’s preferred company.
3. Assess electricity plans
Switching to new electricity providers should bring you advantages. Make sure that you don’t overlook steps that will have a big impact on your decisions by assessing new plans.
By checking the electricity plans offered, you will be able to identify those that will earn you greater savings. This will also help you compare as you identify conditions, costs, and benefits of your current plan verses the new plans that you are taking into consideration.
• Check your contact
• Know the conditions that come with the discounts being offered
• Take note of the payment terms
• Enquire about exit fees
• Take advantage of the 10 business-day cooling-off period, which you should use to think about your contract. Note that within this period, you can still change your mind.
• Reconsider your plan and know the discounts that you can benefit from
4. Check solar options from electricity providers
Solar energy is one of the upgrades that you can implement alongside the switch to a new electricity provider. Solar is a form of renewable energy and by adding panels to your roof, whether you are a new or existing customer, you may be entitled to a solar credit on your bill.
For those who are already receiving a solar feed-in tariff, you can still look for a new electricity deal without losing your eligibility for the regular feed-in tariff offered by your new retailer.
When finding new electricity providers in Brisbane, there are regulations that you must be aware of, along with options that you should carefully evaluate to ensure that you will be able to make the most of your energy plan and benefit from it once you’re already settled.
Fortunately, there are lots of electricity providers in Brisbane that are sure to match your preferences, exceed your requirements, and provide you greater advantages.
If you need help in comparing energy plans in Brisbane, we can help you. Electricity Wizard is a dependable energy broker in Australia that can present you with the best options on electricity providers. Check out our website now.