How to Start Living Greener Using Electricity Providers in Melbourne
The impact of climate change is apparent to some people. Although it will take time and a huge effort to control and avert the changes caused by environmental abuse, there are ways for people to work in helping solve the problem.
For example, your choice of electricity providers in Melbourne has an impact on your efforts to live greener. Along with that are the solutions that will help reduce your carbon footprint and save the planet from the worsening effects of climate change.
How ‘green’ is your electricity provider?
If you want to start living greener, you should not disregard the importance of finding the right electricity providers in Melbourne.
The Green Electricity Guide, developed by the Total Environment Centre (TEC) and Greenpeace, serves as a resource to help Australian consumers with their efforts to go green by choosing the right energy retailers or the electricity providers with good environmental credentials.
According to the Green Electricity Guide, the best green electricity providers in Australia should be able to:
• Generate or buy clean electricity
• Establish a clear position on renewables and fossil fuels
• Show support for solar households and the GreenPower scheme
Major electricity providers in Melbourne and the rest of Australia such as AGL Energy and Origin Energy supply the majority of Australian households. These companies also invest in green initiatives and look into providing their customers with more sustainable options.
Compare energy plans and find sustainable options through Electricity Wizard.
Tips to living greener in Melbourne
• Switch to LED. Are you still using halogen light bulbs? If you haven’t made the switch yet, wait no longer – especially if you want to live greener. LED lights could help you save up to 80you’re your lighting energy. It is an eco-friendly option that can help lower your electricity bills too.
• Ensure proper insulation. Insulate your home so that there will be less energy consumed when keeping it cool during hot days, the same way that there will be less energy needed to keep it warm during cold days.
• Reduce, reuse, recycle. If you are going to buy a new appliance or furniture for your home, you may consider second-hand items or even reuse what you already have. This way, you can avoid unnecessary waste, reduce your carbon footprint, and even spend less.
• Take advantage of technology. Of course, some appliances are worth buying – especially those that use eco-friendly technology and features. Choose energy-efficient appliances so you can make the most of your appliances without using too much energy.
• Stick with eco-friendly habits. The simple act of ensuring that appliances are turned off and unplugged when not in use can bring positive results. Not only will it help lower your energy costs, but it will also reduce the environmental impact too. Practice good habits and have the discipline to stick with them in support of your green efforts.
• Choose renewable energy. Green organisations support companies that generate renewable energy. Transition to renewable energy by supporting solar-powered equipment. You now have options to maintain a comfortable life without harming the environment.
Did you know:
Solar power helps protect the environment and even impacts reduction on your power bill.
• Compare electricity providers. As mentioned, electricity providers are now taking green initiatives to provide better options for their customers. Compare available providers in your area and choose the one that offers environmentally friendly alternatives so you can live greener.
Consumers now have better options to live a greener life. One way to start this is by choosing electricity providers that are firm with their initiatives to generate clean electricity and provide households with eco-friendly alternatives that don’t sacrifice quality. Together with practices that are geared towards reducing your carbon footprint, your journey towards a greener life will be swifter.
Electricity Wizard is an energy broker in Australia that offers a platform for consumers to find the best electricity providers and compare energy plans. Reach out to us so that we can help you switch to the right provider that meets your requirements.