Post on June 16th, 2015
How to get Cheaper Electricity Prices in Queensland and Brisbane
Getting cheaper electricity rates in Queensland has never been easier. But there are some pitfalls that you must be aware of before you switch to ensure that you get a good deal that lasts. If you are signing up for a new electricity connection in Queensland, it’s important to know what options are available to you. Queensland’s electricity prices have certainly changed over the past several years.
Since deregulation, Queensland has become one of the most competitive electricity markets in the country. An increasing number of electricity retailers are offering discounts and special deals to encourage customers to switch. But too many households are staying with old providers who are charging too much for electricity. Standard rates are going up. But there are genuine savings available to those who take the time to compare rates.
Now that consumers have a choice of different electricity and gas suppliers, it’s important to do your research and find the cheapest rates and best payment plans. Selecting the best option for you means that you will need to compare the range of discounted rates, tariffs, and terms and conditions before you switch. When you use Electricity Wizard to find the cheapest rates, it’s also nice to know you will be dealing with electricity companies who have been reviewed to ensure they deliver helpful customer service.
Understand the Electricity Market in Queensland
There are two electricity distributors in Queensland that are responsible for supplying households and businesses with electricity, maintaining the poles and wires, and reading electricity meters.
Ergon services regional and north Queensland, extending from Cairns down to Hervey Bay and from the coast including Toowoomba and extending west into outback Queensland.
There are an increasing number of retailers offering electricity and gas to households and businesses throughout Queensland. The retailers are responsible for all your customer service inquires, and quarterly billing. Electricity Wizard can help you find out who is the best energy retailer in your region of Queensland.
Guide to Finding Cheaper Electricity Rates in Queensland
- Step 1: Compare kilowatt rates and percentage discounts. Currently in Queensland, all the electricity retailers follow the standard government regulated tariff, allowing consumers to easily shop around and find the energy supplier with the best overall percentage discount.
- Step 2: Ensure that energy suppliers provide you with GST exclusive and discount exclusive kilowatt rates. This will enable you to do an accurate comparison to what is on the back of your bill.
- Step 3: Ensure that your chosen supplier provides you with a discount off the TOTAL bill – not just the usage charges, as will most often be the case.
- Step 4: Ensure that your new energy supplier has a cap on rate rises. Then you will have the peace of mind that your rates will not jump uncontrollably.
- Step 5: Find out what special discounts might be available. Some retailers offer a bonus for paying on time or for using convenient payment methods.
The Fastest Way to Better Rates in Queensland, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast
The easiest way to save time and money and to get all the information you need is to call the specialist energy brokers, Electricity Wizard. We will work hard to find you a better plan that meets your needs. We will ensure that you receive accurate information about which electricity supplier is right for you. More importantly, you’ll speak directly to a person who will answer all of your questions about how to save money on your electricity bills. It only takes five minutes and you could get better energy rates.
Call 1300 763 708 or simply compare online.