Looking for Electricity and Gas Comparison?
Throughout the nation, Australian homeowners are experiencing record price increases on their annual gas and electric bills because of a growing demand for electricity coast-to-coast coupled with the new introduction of the Federal Carbon Tax. If you’re unhappy with the current price you pay for electricity and gas each year, you’re definitely not alone. The good news is that there’s an easy way to combat this: you can compare your gas and electric plan against others that are available, and start saving today.
So if you’re looking for a quick solution to reduce your electricity costs, you’ve come to the right place. You can use our accurate electricity and gas comparison service to help you choose an energy supplier in your area with significantly lower rates. By using our completely free service, you can receive a quick quote on cheap electricity and gas rates and could save money from today.
To compare and possibly save today, simply fill in the form below for more information or call one of our expert representatives at 1300 557 701 for help.
The choice is yours: save money on electricity and gas today
Yes, now you have the freedom to choose from different electricity retailers near you to get lower electricity and gas rates today. According to the New South Wales Government Trade and Investment, you can use the following guidelines to choose the right electricity and gas supplier:
- Review your standard supply contract. If you have never researched or questioned your energy rates before, then you likely have a standard supply contract with terms and conditions that have been set in place by the government. Before comparing apples to apples to find a new energy retailer, become familiar with the rates that you are currently paying so that you can find a cheaper deal available to you.
- Ask for lower rates. Yes, all you have to do is ask. Licensed energy retailers are required by law to provide a negotiated contract; even if you have a standard contract, a negotiated contract is available as an alternative. You can use our helpful electricity comparison service to help you find any available lower electricity and gas rates from a cheaper retailer near you.
- Compare gas and electric retailers to find a better offer. Since you have several choices available of energy retailers in your area, you can begin by comparing leading retailers to find lower prices on electricity and gas. Even if you are able to save just a few cents per day, that cost will quickly add up to reduce your annual power bills by hundreds of dollars a year.
It also helps to dig a little deeper, and do plenty of reading into each plan you’re considering. After all, an electricity plan is a long-term commitment, it’s not something you jump into lightly. Here are a few more things to consider when you compare gas and electric electricity suppliers and plans:
- Read the terms and conditions – Make sure you look at the fine print of your plan. Know the tariff your plan is on, and make careful note of any caveats, clauses, and conditions. This is important so you know if there are likely to be any rate or price changes coming your way in the future, and so you can avoid any plans that sounds like they’re set up to bite you later.
- Know what type of plan you’re getting – There are two usual types of plans you’ll find available: fixed rate plans and variable rate plans. A fixed rate plan means your usage rate is fixed for the term of your contract, while a variable rate plan means the usage rate can change, whether it’s due to the wholesale cost of energy, or at your supplier’s discretion. A fixed rate plan gives you peace of mind that you’ll always be charged the same rate (so you simply reduce your energy use if you want to save money), whereas a variable rate plan gives you the chance to potentially see your electricity rates go down, while also giving you the chance to reduce your energy use—a double whammy.
- Ask about matching rates – If your supplier isn’t open to simply lowering your rates, ask if they are willing to match, or even beat, energy rates set by their competitors. In today’s competitive marketplace suppliers are keen to keep you as a customer, so while lowering your rates might be considered embarrassing, matching rates gives them a way to get you on board and be seen as offering a better deal at the same time—it’s win-win.
- Ask about discounts – Many suppliers can also offer discount incentives to draw you in as a customer. Ask if they offer any discounts with your plan—it could be something like a discount for paying on time, or opting for email correspondence, or even setting up direct debit bill pay. But make sure you’re aware what portion of your bill is getting the discount, and how long it remains active for.
We always recommend you compare your plan every 12 to 24 months, so you can take advantage of any better deals that have come onto the market, and you keep your competitive edge.
Get a better deal on your electricity bills
Shopping around and seeing what different electricity suppliers are offering can seem like a daunting task. But don’t worry—this is what we’re here for. Using a comparison service like ElectricityWizard to help you understand exactly what each supplier is offering, and determine which one is going to best meet your needs now and in the long term, makes the job much, much easier.
- Compare apples to apples, to ensure you’re comparing plans that are right for you. It’s no use looking at business plans you’re the average Australian household of four. We’ll make sure you’re looking in the right direction.
- Ensure the supplier offers a payment method suits you. Whether you prefer direct debit, or you’re more interested in Bpay, we’ll look into it for you and make sure you’re able to pay the way you want to.
- Protect you from any “unexpected” rate rises. We’re here to give you all the information you need to help you save money on your bills, no matter how in-depth it is.
- Make sure you are free to move homes without penalty. Moving home is stressful enough as it is, so you don’t want your electricity provider to make it any harder.
- Protect you from a contract with other massive penalties. We look at the fine print from top to bottom, so you know exactly what you’re getting.
- Get you the “solar buyback” that you deserve (for solar system users).
- And much, much more!
We’re here to help you compare gas and electric suppliers and plans, so you can make the right choice for your home. If you’re looking for ways to save even more money on your bills, try looking closer to home.
Reduce your energy use and save
In this day and age we tend to take electricity use for granted. We complain about rising electricity and gas prices, but don’t realise that there are practical, immediate steps we can take to reduce our energy use that will have a real impact on our bills.
You see, as well as comparing your electricity supplier there are other ways to reduce your energy costs and get cheaper electricity bills. And the good news is that it’s as simple as flicking a switch.
- It sounds obvious, but turning off all the lights in your home that you don’t need on will play a big part in saving energy. Leaving unnecessary lights on leads to unnecessary costs, so only have the light on for the room you need to be in. It’s time to switch off and save.
- Turning off any non-essential appliances at the wall, instead of leaving them on standby mode will make a huge difference too. Appliances like computers, TVs, dryers, washing machines, microwaves, kettles, and even phone chargers are making a large drain on your power use, so switching them off at the wall, or unplugging entirely, is set to save you significantly.
- Dry clothes outside instead of in the dryer. Drying four loads of laundry outside, instead of using your dryer, can reduce your electricity bill by almost $150.
- Use natural methods to cool your house during summer. Close your windows, blinds, and curtains during summer to keep the sun’s heat out, and open them up when the sun goes down to let in the cooler evening air.
- Instead of using the air conditioner, try sticking with the fan instead. A fan ends up being around 80% cheaper to use, which can help you save up to $200 a year on your electricity bill.
- If you do switch on the air conditioner, don’t set it too low. The optimum temperature for cooling down a house on a hot summer’s day is between 23°C and 26°C. You can save up to roughly $80 on your power bill this way, as for each degree that you increase it you’ll save roughly 10% on the cost of electricity it uses.
- The average four-person Australian household can comfortably survive on one fridge, so a second fridge is just a power-drain. Older fridges use anywhere from two to three times more electricity than newer, energy-efficient models, and running on only one fridge has the potential to save you up to an estimated $200 a year on your bill.
- Running high-draw appliances like the dishwasher or washing machine during off-peak times means you’ll be charged less for your use. So find out what hours your retailer considers to be off-peak, and do your washing or wash your dishes then.
These are some cheap, simple methods you can start using today to help reduce your energy use and save. If you undertake these handy steps, and also compare gas and electric suppliers near you, you’ll be getting a double-dose of savings on your energy prices, both now and for the long term.
Call ElectricityWizard today
At Electricity Wizard, we do all the hard work for you. When you call us, we’ll compare your rates and plans against our preferred suppliers available in your area and help you select a great plan for you to cut down costs and meet any other criteria you may have. Best of all, our service is completely free, so what do you have to lose?