MON-FRI 8AM-8PM | SAT-SUN 9AM-5PM
Electricity Comparison - Compare Electricity & Gas
How to Do a Fair and Accurate Electricity Comparison for Your Home
Getting a fair and honest comparison on your electricity account has never been harder. With multiple online comparison services coming up with wildly different results, how do you know what is right and what is wrong?
How to Compare Rates Correctly
ElectricityWizard, like most energy companies, uses a national database called MSATS to calculate tariffs. This isn’t available to the general public, making it difficult to do this on your own. But you can call your energy supplier, and they will provide it to you.
- Determine your tariff. There are 3-5 types of tariffs (meaning different meters) depending on what state you live in. Before you can do any comparison, you MUST work this out.
- These tariffs include:
- Peak Only
- Peak and Off Peak (dedicated hot water)
- Time of Use
- These tariffs include:
- Start comparing. Once you know your tariff, you can start comparing. Begin by checking your existing bill for:
Your Peak Rate, Off Peak Rate, Shoulder Rate (if applicable), and daily energy supply charge.
On your bill, these will be GST exclusive (as GST is added on the front).
- Determine your present discount. This is normally found either on the front of the bill or on the back next to your rates.
- Determine your new discount. Work out if you want a “pay on time” discount or flat discount off rates regardless of paying on time.
Start calling each supplier and getting quotes.
Getting an Electricity Comparison the Right Way
At this point, you’re probably mentally exhausted just thinking about it... Doing an electricity comparison isn’t easy, and most energy brokers don’t do it correctly. This is where ElectricityWizard comes in. We’ll do a comparison the right way, ensuring we cover all the critical elements when comparing energy providers.
- Compare apples to apples.
- Ensure the supplier payment method suits you.
- Protect you from “unexpected” rate rises.
- Make sure you are free to move homes without penalty.
- Protect you from a contract with massive penalties.
- Get you the “solar buyback” that you deserve (for solar system users).
- And much, much more!
It’s never been easier to compare energy providers than with ElectricityWizard. Call now
on 1300 359 779 and speak to an energy specialist who will help you find the deal to best meet your