Post on June 12th, 2015
All energy concessions in Victoria are available through the Department of Human Services to eligible cardholders. The purpose is to assist low income Victoria residents with their monthly energy bills.
- Victoria residents may be eligible for an annual electricity concession for concession cardholders at a discounted rate of 17.5% off all household electricity bills year-round, as of March 2011.
- The Winter Energy Concession offers a 17.5% discount off mains gas usage from May 1 to October 31 each year.
Other concessions available to Victorian residents include:
- Service to Property Charge: Reduces the supply charge for concession households with low energy consumption.
- Non-Mains Energy: Annual rebate for eligible cardholders who use LPG for domestic cooking and heating and/or are individually metered for electricity while paying an accommodation proprietor or caravan park.
- Medical Cooling Concession: 17.5% discount off electricity from November 1 to April 30 for concession cardholders with qualifying medical conditions.
- Off-Peak Concession: 13% discount on all off-peak tariff rates for quarterly electricity bills.
- Life Support Machine Concession: Quarterly electricity bill rebate for cardholders using qualifying life support machines.
- Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver: A full fee waiver when there is a change of occupancy at a property.
Get a Better Deal on Your Electricity Bills
At Electricity Wizard, we do all the hard work for you. When you call us, we’ll compare your rates and plans against our preferred suppliers available in your area and help you select a great plan for you to cut down costs and meet any other criteria you may have. Best of all, our service is completely free – so what do you have to lose?