- Based on the postcode and suburb you provide we assume your distribution zone. This information combined with the rates supplied to us by our suppliers allow us to determine the Estimated Cost for each plan.
- The residential household size assumptions are based on data collected from various sources including the AER (Australian Energy Regulator).^ The business consumption estimates are based on data collected internally.
- If you choose “Unsure” as your meter type to “How are you charged for electricity?” on the About You page, we will assume you have a Single Rate meter.
- We only show the main tariff types for each distributor. There are other tariff types that you may be on, though we are unable to list every single one on the website. Additionally, some suburbs cover multiple distribution zones which may have an impact in our calculations. Please call our call centre to get a more accurate comparison in these regards.
- If you don’t have a bill available, we will use your household size to assume how much electricity and gas you use. In addition to this, we assume:
- Your property has a single rate meter.
- That your billing cycle is 91 days. The only exception to this is a gas bill in Victoria, which we assume is 60 days.
- We base our estimations off either the data you provide to us or the assumptions we make in the case that you don’t have a bill. This estimation does not take into account the fluctuations of energy usage over an annual period and we do not advise you to annualise the Estimated Cost.
Product Options & Plan Sorting
- By selecting discounts at the Product Options stage you are determining which discounts will be applied to the Estimated Cost of each plan on the Results page.
- By selecting which Product Features you’d like in a plan, and selecting to sort by these Product Features, the plans on the Results page will be sorted based on the features of each plan.
- When selecting to sort by lowest cost, the plans on the Results page will rank from cheapest to most expensive based on the Estimated Cost.
- In the case where two or more plans share the same Estimated Cost or product features, they will be sorted alphabetically on the Results page.
- The Estimated Cost has GST applied by default and any discounts selected will also be applied.
- Guaranteed discounts are applied by default, as you will get these discounts regardless.
- The Estimated Cost for each plan is based on both the usage and billing period provided or assumed on the About You page.
- Any credits, bonuses or rebates are not applied to the Estimated Cost. Additionally, we do not include the value of any incentives/free gifts into the Estimated Cost.